Beet, Spinach & Kale Super Smoothie
This super-charged healthy smoothie recipe brings together the benefits of beets, kale, spinach and more in a tangy, refreshing beverage that’s perfect for breakfast or before your workout.
Best of all, you get the nitric oxide boosting benefits of beets without drowning your smoothie in the strong taste of beets. The concentrated crystals in Beet SuperFood, with beneficial dietary nitrates, simply add a lightly sweet raspberry flavor to the recipe. The mango and pear temper the flavors of the greens, too, so all you taste in this healthy smoothie recipe is deliciousness!
If your goal is to add more dietary nitrates to your regimen, this is a tasty way to do it.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup kale, coarsely chopped
- 2 c fresh, chopped spinach
- 1 tsp Beet SuperFood concentrated beet crystals
- 1 frozen pear (slice before freezing)
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup ice
- Put water in blender.
- Begin adding other ingredients except ice, and blending on liquefy.
- Try putting in small amounts at a time so blender doesn’t get stuck.
- If blender stops mixing, turn off and stir in additional water a tablespoon at a time, testing the blender after each addition.
- Once other ingredients are well blended, add ice slowly until smoothie is as thick as you like.