Sunday Morning Beet Hash
Sunday Morning Breakfast In Our Household Is Reserved For Eggs, Hash Browns And Bacon. A New Twist On Boring White Potato Hash Browns Is BEET/Sweet Potato Hash Browns.
- 1 pound beets, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 large eggs
In a high-sided skillet, cover beets and potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and wipe out skillet.
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add boiled beets and potatoes and cook until potatoes begin to turn golden, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add onion, and cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Adjust seasoning and stir in parsley.
Make four wide wells in the hash. Crack one egg into each and season egg with salt. Cook until whites set but yolks are still runny, 5 to 6 minutes.