Sweet Potato Fries With A Hint Of Sage And
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled (if desired) and sliced into thin 1/2-inch (thick) strips
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
Optional topping: fresh sage, chopped
The Beet Lady Beet Ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Slice off beet leaves close to the tip of the beet. Wash beets thoroughly, then wrap them loosely in foil.
3. Transfer the wrapped beets to a baking sheet. Roast for 50-60 minutes. Check the beets mid-way through. If they are starting to look dry or are scorching on the bottoms, dribble a tablespoon of water over the beets before re-wrapping. Beets are done when a fork easily cuts through the middle. Let cool enough to handle. Remove outer skin and transfer to a food processor. Add ketchup, cayenne pepper, balsamic, honey and olive oil. Pulse until pureed. Set aside.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray.
5. Add sliced sweet potatoes to a large bowl and toss with melted coconut oil, garlic powder, paprika, dried sage and sea salt. Toss very well to coat. Spread sweet potatoes out in a single layer on the wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F, remove and toss, then bake for 15-20 minutes longer. I know using a wire rack can be a pain but it really helps crisp all sides. Try not to crowd the sweet potatoes. If necessary, use a second rack. If fries have not reached desired level of crisp, leave them in for another 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove and let cool slightly. Top with fresh sage and additional sea salt if desired. Dip in ketchup!