Beet Filled Deviled Eggs
A new twist on an old appetizer.
- 2 medium red beets, scrubbed
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 cup Parsley Mayo
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup prunes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup store-bought pickled beets, finely chopped
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 small golden beet, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375°. Wrap red beets in foil and roast directly on the rack until a knife slides easily through the center, 1 1/2 - 2 hours; let cool. Rub off skins with a paper towel; coarsely chop.
- Pulse chopped red beets, garlic, Parsley Mayo, walnuts, prunes, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth; season with salt. Stir in pickled beets. Place in a disposable pastry bag or resealable plastic bag.
- Halve eggs lengthwise; remove yolks. Cut a 3/4" opening in tip of pastry bag. Pipe filling into eggs, mounding slightly. Top each with a golden beet slice.
Beet filling can be made 1 day ahead. Chill in pastry bag.