Delicious Beet Recipies
Beet Filled Deviled Eggs
A new twist on an old appetizer.
- 2 medium red beets, scrubbed
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 cup Parsley Mayo
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup prunes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup store-bought pickled beets, finely chopped
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1 small golden beet, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375°. Wrap red beets in foil and roast directly on the rack until a knife slides easily through the center, 1 1/2 - 2 hours; let cool. Rub off skins with a paper towel; coarsely chop.
- Pulse chopped red beets, garlic, Parsley Mayo, walnuts, prunes, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth; season with salt. Stir in pickled beets. Place in a disposable pastry bag or resealable plastic bag.
- Halve eggs lengthwise; remove yolks. Cut a 3/4" opening in tip of pastry bag. Pipe filling into eggs, mounding slightly. Top each with a golden beet slice.
The Gleason Family Makes The Beet Lady
Part Of Their Christmas Menu
Thank You, Gleason Family!!!!!!
Beet Spiced Mulled Wine
1 (750ml) bottle dry red wine, such as Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon
2 cups Organic Beet Juice
1 cup apple cider (unsweetened recommended)
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, to taste
4 cinnamon sticks
4 star anise
1 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 navel or blood orange, chopped into wedges
1/4 cup brandy
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 honey crisp apple, for serving
- Pour the wine, beet juice, apple cider, and pure maple syrup into a large pot and heat over medium-low.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, and ground nutmeg to a small saucepan and toast over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add the toasted spices to the wine mixture and continue to heat, stirring occasionally, for about thirty minutes. Avoid bringing the wine to a full boil – it should be barely steaming at the end of 30 minutes.
- Add the brandy and vanilla extract. Stir well and serve in mugs with apple and/or orange slices, leaving the spices in the pot.
Note: You can leave the mulled wine on the stove top over low heat for many hours. You can also store any leftovers in the refrigerator and re-heat later.
Beet And Butternut Squash Soup
Look what happens when you take two nutrient dense and delicious vegetables and put them together to make a wonderfully healthy soup.
Sweet, earthy beets brighten up a traditional butternut soup while working as a tonic for the liver and a purifier for the blood.
The Beet Lady Beet Ketchup is featured in
Judy's Wellness Cafe, "A Few Of My Favorite Things"
December 8, 2015
Beet Ketchup: "Yup! Read my previous post about the amazing creator, The Beet Lady, and her delicious concoctions. Whether you need to avoid nightshades in your diet or you just want a new twist on a sauce, this is a fun gift for all the chefs on your list. It has been a delicious addition to many of my dishes." Author, Judy Brown
Click This Link To Read Full Blog: http://judyswellnesscafe.com/?p=1385
Sweet Potato Fries With A Hint Of Sage And
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled (if desired) and sliced into thin 1/2-inch (thick) strips
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
Optional topping: fresh sage, chopped
The Beet Lady Beet Ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Slice off beet leaves close to the tip of the beet. Wash beets thoroughly, then wrap them loosely in foil.
3. Transfer the wrapped beets to a baking sheet. Roast for 50-60 minutes. Check the beets mid-way through. If they are starting to look dry or are scorching on the bottoms, dribble a tablespoon of water over the beets before re-wrapping. Beets are done when a fork easily cuts through the middle. Let cool enough to handle. Remove outer skin and transfer to a food processor. Add ketchup, cayenne pepper, balsamic, honey and olive oil. Pulse until pureed. Set aside.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray.
5. Add sliced sweet potatoes to a large bowl and toss with melted coconut oil, garlic powder, paprika, dried sage and sea salt. Toss very well to coat. Spread sweet potatoes out in a single layer on the wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F, remove and toss, then bake for 15-20 minutes longer. I know using a wire rack can be a pain but it really helps crisp all sides. Try not to crowd the sweet potatoes. If necessary, use a second rack. If fries have not reached desired level of crisp, leave them in for another 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove and let cool slightly. Top with fresh sage and additional sea salt if desired. Dip in ketchup!
Golden Beets Roasted With Herbs And Lemon
Golden beets look especially pretty when tossed with the fresh herb and lemon seasoning mix, but any type of beets will work in this recipe. If you’re a lemon lover, be sure to add the squeeze of fresh lemon juice after the beets are roasted.Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds golden or red beets, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces or wedges
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried herbs, such as marjoram, oregano and/or rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, (optional)
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Combine oil, herbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add beets; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the beets evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once or twice, until the beets are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Toss the roasted vegetables with lemon juice, if using.
- Use The Beet Lady 'Golden' Ketchup for dipping. (optional)
Turkey Meatballs With Cranberry Ketchup Dipping Sauce
This recipe is grain and dairy free.
2 pounds ground serloin
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 3/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. dried parsley
3/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. minced dried onions
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup coconut flour
Beet Lady Organic Cranberry Ketchup for glazing and dipping
Instructions: Preheat Over To 350 Degrees
In a large bowl, mix together the ground meat, eggs, seasonings and coconut flour until well combined. Form meatballs about 1 1/2"-2" in diameter. This recipe makes roughly 40 meatballs. Bake on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with coconut or olive oil spray for 30 minutes. Pour the Cranberry Ketchup in a small saucepan and warm. When meatballs are done, use a basting brush to brush the tops of the meatballs with The Beet Lady Cranberry Ketchup. Arrange on a tray with a toothpick in each. Serve with a side dish of Cranberry Ketchup for dipping.
And, For The Kids.......
Turkey Tenders With Cranberry Ketchup
1 pound small carrots, greens trimmed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 cups cornflakes, finely crushed (about 1 3/4 cups crumbs)
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey mustard
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless turkey breast, cut into strips
The Beet Lady Cranberry Ketchup
Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Place the carrots on a large sheet of foil; drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Fold up the edges of the foil and add 1/4 cup water, then seal into a packet. Set on a baking sheet and roast on the bottom oven rack until tender, 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the cornflakes, the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, the lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Whisk 2 tablespoons mustard and the egg white in another dish. Coat the turkey in the mustard mixture; dredge in the cornflake mixture. Place on a wire rack set on a baking sheet. Roast on the top oven rack until cooked through, 15 minutes.
When turkey tenders and carrots are done, serve with a side of The Beet Lady Cranberry Ketchup.
Cranberry Ketchup Stuffed Turkey Burgers
All the flavors of Thanksgiving in a burger - what could be better?